PennDOT District 11 is announcing inspection activities on I-579 ramps in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will begin Saturday, April 13 weather permitting.
Inspection activities with single-lane restrictions will occur according to the following schedule:
Saturday, April 13 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southbound lane at the south approach to the Veterans Bridge
- Veterans Bridge ramp to 7th Avenue
Sunday, April 14 – 6 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Bedford Avenue ramp to northbound I-579
- Northbound lane at the south approach to the Veterans Bridge
Monday and Tuesday, April 15-16 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Boulevard of the Allies ramp to the Liberty Bridge
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.