PennDOT District 11 is announcing slide repair work on Route 2058 (Hulton Road) in the Municipality of Penn Hills, Allegheny County will begin Monday, July 1 weather permitting.
Slide remediation work will begin at approximately 9 a.m. Monday morning. To allow the work to occur, the roadway will close to through traffic between Iowa Street and Michael Drive through mid-November. Traffic will be detoured.
North of the Slide
- Follow Hulton Road to Coxcomb Hill Road (Route 2082)
- Turn right onto Coxcomb Hill Road
- Turn right onto Logans Ferry Road (Route 2075)
- Turn right onto Leechburg Road (Route 2075/2086)
- Leechburg Road becomes Milltown Unity Road (Route 2058)
- Milltown Unity Road becomes Hulton Road
- End detour
South of the Slide
- Same detour in the opposite direction
Additional work on this $3.40 million project includes paving, drainage improvements, guiderail updates, pavement markings and other miscellaneous construction.
Charles J. Merlo, Inc. is the prime contractor.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.