PennDOT District 11 is announcing slide repair work on Route 2065 (Larimer Avenue) in Wilkins Township, Allegheny County will begin Monday, August 5 weather permitting.
Beginning at approximately 7 a.m. Monday morning, slide remediation work will begin on Larimer Avenue between Rodi Road and Churchill Road. To allow the work to occur, Larimer Avenue will close to through traffic around-the-clock through late October. Traffic will be detoured.
South of the Slide
- From Larimer Avenue, turn right onto the Tri-Boro Expressway (Route 130)
- Turn right onto Brown Avenue (Route 130)
- Brown Avenue becomes Beulah Road
- Turn right onto William Penn Highway
- Merge onto eastbound I-376 Parkway East
- Take the Monroeville Business 22 (Exit 80) off-ramp
- Turn right onto Lower Rodi Road
- End detour
North of the Slide
- From Larimer Avenue, take Rodi Road north
- Merge onto William Penn Highway
- Take the ramp onto westbound I-376 toward Pittsburgh
- Take the Churchill (Exit 79B) off-ramp
- Turn left onto Beulah Road (Route 130)
- Beulah Road becomes Brown Avenue
- Turn left onto the Tri-Boro Expressway
- Turn left onto Larimer Avenue
- End detour
The roadway will remain open to local traffic.
Crews from Clearwater Construction, Inc. will conduct the slide remediation work on this $1.79 million project.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.
MEDIA CONTACT: Steve Cowan, 412-429-5010