PennDOT District 11 is announcing slide repair work on Route 2080 (Hunter Road) in the Municipality of Penn Hills, Allegheny County will begin Tuesday, November 27 weather permitting.
Slide remediation work, drainage improvements, roadway reconstruction, and guiderail installation will begin at 7 a.m. Tuesday morning. To allow the work to occur the roadway will close to thru-traffic between Barger Street and Hamil Road through late January. Traffic will be detoured.
West of the Slide
- Follow Hunter Road westbound
- Hunter Road becomes Plum Street
- Turn left onto Allegheny River Boulevard (Route 2073)
- Turn left onto Sandy Creek Road (Route 130)
- Turn left onto Verona Road (Route 2058)
- Verona Road becomes Saltsburg Road
- Turn left onto Hulton Road (Route 2074)
- Turn left onto Hamil Road
- Follow Hamil Road back to Hunter Road
- End detour
East of the Slide
- Same detour in the opposite direction
Crews from A. Liberoni, Inc. will conduct the work.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 860 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.