PennDOT District 11 is announcing the closure of the Stowe Tunnel (Route 3092/Tunnel Way/7th Street) in Stowe Township, Allegheny County, will occur Wednesday night, May 12.
The Stowe Tunnel will close to traffic from 10 p.m. Wednesday night through 5 a.m. Thursday morning as crews conduct light replacement work. Motorists will be detoured.
East of the Tunnel
- Take Route 51 north to Neville Avenue (Route 3095)
- Turn left onto Neville Avenue and follow to McCoy Road
- Bear right onto McCoy Road and follow to Pine Hollow Road
- Turn left onto Pine Hollow Road and follow to Broadway Avenue (Route 3092)
- Turn left onto Broadway Avenue and follow back to 7th Street
- End detour
West of the Tunnel
- Same detour in the opposite direction
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.