Cemetery Lane Milling and Paving Starts
PennDOT District 11 is announcing improvement work on Union Avenue (Route 4012) at the I-279 Bellevue/West View (Exit 7) in Ross Township, Allegheny County, will begin Monday night, July 9 weather permitting.
Overnight milling and paving work from 7 p.m. to 6 a.m. will occur weeknights through Friday, July 20 in the following locations:
- Union Avenue in the area of the on and off-ramps at the Bellevue/West View interchange. Single-lane restrictions will occur.
- Cemetery Lane between the southbound I-279 on and off-ramps and Route 19. Single-lane restrictions will occur.
- Northbound I-279 off-ramp to Union Avenue at the Bellevue/West View interchange. The ramp will close while work occurs and traffic will be detoured.
Northbound I-279 Off-ramp to Union Avenue
- Continue on northbound I-279 past the Bellevue/West View (Exit 7) off-ramp
- Take the Camp Horne Road (Exit 8) off-ramp
- Turn left onto Camp Horne Road
- Turn left onto the southbound I-279 on-ramp toward Pittsburgh
- Take the Bellevue/West View off-ramp to Union Avenue
- End detour
The $87.94 million I-279 Parkway North Improvement Project includes concrete patching and overlay, preservation of 30 bridges and 49 overhead sign structures, repairs to 29 walls, ramp repairs, lighting improvements, HOV lane operation systems upgrades, sign upgrades, guide rail and drainage improvements, and an anti-icing system installation on bridges at the McKnight Road interchange.