PennDOT District 11 is announcing drainage improvement work on Route 837 (Clairton Dravosburg Road) in West Mifflin Borough and the City of Clairton, Allegheny County, will begin Monday, June 17 weather permitting.
Beginning at 8 a.m. Monday morning, Route 837 will close to traffic between New England Road in the City of Clairton and Lebanon School Road in West Mifflin Borough continuously through 8 a.m. Thursday, July 4. All traffic will be detoured.
South of the Closure
- From Route 837, take New England Road northbound
- Turn right onto Camp Hollow Road (Route 2043)
- Turn right onto Lebanon Church Road (Route 2040)
- Lebanon Church Road becomes Buttermilk Hollow Road
- Turn right onto Pittsburgh McKeesport Boulevard (Route 2045)
- Cross the Mansfield Bridge
- Turn left onto West 5th Avenue
- West 5th Avenue becomes Lysle Boulevard (route 148)
- Take the ramp to Route 837 toward East Pittsburgh/Duquesne
- Take the ramp to 837 toward Duquesne
- Cross the McKeesport-Duquesne Bridge
- End detour
North of the closure
- Same detour in the opposite direction
Crews from Gulisek Construction, LLC will conduct drainage improvements and roadway repairs. The improvements are part of a $3.79 million group drainage contract.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information and access to more than 950 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional Twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.