PennDOT District 11 is announcing sign structure inspections in various locations in Allegheny County, will occur Thursday through Saturday, November 19-21 weather permitting.
Sign inspection work requiring single-lane restrictions will occur according the following schedule:
Thursday, November 19 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Northbound Route 19 (Banksville Road) near the I-376 (Parkway West) interchange in the City of Pittsburgh
- Southbound Route 65 at the North Shore exit in the City of Pittsburgh
Friday, November 20 – 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- Southbound Route 19 (Perry Highway) at McKnight Road in McCandless Township
- Route 19 (Perry Highway) in both directions near I-79 in Marshall Township
Saturday, November 21 – 6 a.m. to noon
- Westbound (inbound) I-376 (Parkway East) between Second Avenue exit and the Fort Pitt Bridge in the City of Pittsburgh
Crews from Mackin Engineering Company and the Sofis Rigging Company will conduct the routine inspection activities.
Motorists should be prepared for changing traffic patterns. Please use caution when driving through the area. Work zone safety is everyone’s responsibility.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.