PennDOT District 11 is announcing inspection activities in the Squirrel Hill Tunnel (I-376 Parkway East) in the City of Pittsburgh, Allegheny County, will begin Sunday night, May 21 weather permitting.
Overnight single-lane restrictions will occur between the Greenfield Bridge and South Braddock Avenue from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. for the Squirrel Hill Tunnel inspection and survey work according to the following schedule:
- Sunday night, May 21 – Inbound (westbound)
- Monday night, May 22 – Inbound (westbound)
- Tuesday night, May 23 – Inbound (westbound)
- Wednesday night, May 24 – Outbound (eastbound)
- Thursday night, May 25 – Outbound (eastbound)
- Friday through Monday nights, May 26-29 – No work
- Tuesday night, May 30 – Outbound (eastbound)
- Wednesday night, May 31 – Outbound (eastbound)
- Thursday night, June 11 – Inbound (westbound)
Crews from Gannett Fleming will conduct the work.
Motorists can check conditions on more than 40,000 roadway miles, including color-coded winter conditions on 2,900 miles, by visiting www.511PA.com. 511PA, which is free and available 24 hours a day, provides traffic delay warnings, weather forecasts, traffic speed information, and access to more than 1,000 traffic cameras.
511PA is also available through a smartphone application for iPhone and Android devices, by calling 5-1-1, or by following regional twitter alerts accessible on the 511PA website.